Emerging Leaders Group Fall 2017 Enrollments are Open!
Emerging Leaders is a leadership development program developed from KCMN member company feedback in partnership with Johnson County Community College and the National Tooling and Machining Association’s Kansas City Chapter. Our goal is to create opportunities for those who want to improve their leadership and management skills, learn new strategies and connect with others with similar goals. See past graduates HERE
“The open discussion was the most important part of my experience”
“I’ve learned strategies for dealing with difficult personalities, or people I don’t like or can’t relate to”
“The course made me stop and ask – what am I doing to help myself?’”
“This makes me think about my strengths and barriers, not only for myself, but for my employees and co-workers”
“Our instructor is engaging, personable, and speaks from a wealth of experience”
- Each Tier was developed as a result of KCMN and KC-NTMA member’s feedback as to skills important for their people to learn or improve. The ‘Tier 1, 2, 3’ implies that you need to go in order, it is not required – this is just the order we developed them in.
- Unlike in house training programs, Emerging Leaders helps build skills from both a formal classroom presentation, as well as guided interaction with other manufacturers. There is no in-house option for this program.
- There are 30 spaces available for each session on a first-come basis. Some past sessions have sold out, so please don’t delay. We need a minimum of 20 participants to fill a session.
- Participants who attend at least 5 of 6 sessions will receive a Certificate at our final session. Those who miss more than one session are welcome to return to future sessions to make up any sessions mixed at no charge.
Emerging Leaders Sessions:
Dates and Time: Six sessions will be every 2 weeks (with one exception, see Tier 1 schedule) starting in August 2017- see dates below – from 7-9 AM at JCCC campus.
The cost: $300 per participant, to be paid in full no later than 10 days before the start of the first session.
You may sign up and pay online by clicking on the link for each session. If you wish to be invoiced, please notify us no later than 30 days prior to the start of the session. You may use the sign up link and choose the ‘pay by check’ option. Payment must be received no later than 10 days prior to the start of each session.
- Companies should designate the person who is the billing contact, as well as the participant’s direct supervisor if you would like a recap of attendance.
- As part of the value is the development of creating networks of support, attendees should be willing and able to attend all sessions.
- Representatives from KCMN, JCCC and NTMA will hold periodic review sessions to evaluate progress and make any adjustments if needed.
Questions? Contact Donna Gordon if you prefer to be invoiced, or if you have additional questions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-304-7958
Tier 1 – Begins August 23, 2017, All sessions 7-9 AM Sign up link: https://www.123signup.com/register?id=nkhjz
|Communication||8/23/2017||George Ferguson||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|
|Strengths Finder Introduction||9/6/2017||Sondra Cave||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|
|Strengths Finder Introduction||9/13/2017||Sondra Cave||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|
|Goal Setting and Employee Engagement||10/4/2017||Jeannie Lauer||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|
|Delegation||10/18/2017||George Ferguson||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|
|Cross Generational Motivation||11/1/2017||George Ferguson||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|
Tier 2 – Begins August 30, 2017 All sessions 7-9 AM Sign up link: https://www.123signup.com/register?id=nkhjh
|Managing Managers||8/30/2017||George Ferguson||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|
|Ethical Leadership||9/13/2017||George Ferguson||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 181|
|HR Law – Conflict Management||9/27/2017||Josh Smith||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|
|Time Management||10/11/2017||George Ferguson||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|
|Driving Change & Cultural Change||10/25/2017||George Ferguson||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|
|Developing Yourself and Others||11/8/2017||George Ferguson||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|
Tier 3 – Begins Septemeber 6, 2017 All sessions 7-9 AM Sign up link: https://www.123signup.com/register?id=nkhmv
|Performance Management||9/6/2017||George Ferguson||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 181|
|Coaching and Mentoring||9/20/2017||George Ferguson||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|
|Organizing an Effective Team||10/4/2017||George Ferguson||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 181|
|Meeting Facilitation||10/18/2017||Jeanie Lauer||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 145|
|HR Law 2 – How to Avoid Traps||11/1/2017||Josh Smith||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 145|
|How to Read People||11/15/2017||George Ferguson||JCCC- Regnier Ctr 175|