This group is composed of KCMN members who are looking for a way to interact with others who are utilizing Lean principles to improve their operations. The member group of manufacturers agrees to support each other’s efforts to make improvements along their Lean journey.
The essence of the group is as follows:
- The group meets quarterly at a member company for 2.5 to 3 hours.
- The host company sends out 3 dates to vote and the majority wins.
- Hosting includes a presentation and tour of the area of focus as part of the meeting.
- The hosting company should determine in advance of the meeting what specific area of Lean they would like to focus on as part of their presentation and tour so that participants can come prepared to discuss and offer suggestions.
- Participants can then offer suggestions and feedback to the host following the tour and presentation.
- Joining the group means you have to be willing to host the group at least once every 2 years, and be open to both an honest assessment of areas for improvement, and interested in getting both positive and negative feedback.
- Maximum benefit is attained when host company management at a level to effect change is in attendance during the feedback session.
- Any new member must be approved by all members to avoid conflict of interest.
In addition to the regular KCMN monthly meetings, this group is an added benefit to KCMN members, as a way to help get more interaction between member companies, and for members to provide support and growth in their efforts to increase efficiencies. This group is limited in size, and new members are subject to current member approval.
Should this be of interest to you, or someone else in your company, please send their contact information to Donna Gordon at email@example.com, or 816-304-7958.