A special KCMN networking event hosted by Alphapointe
Featuring Boulevard Beer and Jack Stack Barbecue
FREE to KCMN current members and their invited guests
KCMN is kicking off our fall season with a special networking event! Our meeting is sponsored by Alphapointe Association for the Blind, a unique manufacturer, and will feature free food and drink for KCMN members who are current with their membership. The meeting will feature a networking roundtable where participants will have an opportunity to learn about each other’s accomplishments, opportunities and challenges.
- Members who RSVP by the August 19 deadline get in for free
- Please limit participants to 5 per company so everyone has a chance to participate
- Please invite your manufacturing colleagues to come and check out KCMN. Guests will need to RSVP with their contact information, and who invited them in order to get in free.
- Guests not invited by a KCMN member will be $15 – proceeds from the event will be donated to Alphapointe, a non-profit organization
- Donations are also appreciated!
Alphapointe Association for the Blind
Thursday August 25
4:00 to 6:00 PM
7501 Prospect, Kansas City, MO
4:00 PM – Enjoy Jack Stack barbecue and Boulevard Beer
4:30 PM – Welcome and introduction to Alphapointe
4:40 PM – Networking roundtable discussions begin
5:40 PM – Enjoy barbecue and beverages
Mid-America Manufacturing Technology Center and Missouri Enterprise, are our Network sponsors. The event is open to area manufacturers and their suppliers. We invite you to join with us to make KCMN the premier resource for manufacturers.
Our Mission is to empower people with vision loss to maximize their independence.
Alphapointe Association for the Blind is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that has continued to serve people who are blind and visually impaired in the Kansas City, Missouri community and surrounding region since 1911. Alphapointe Association for the Blind is the largest single employer of visually impaired individuals, employing 175 people, approximately 100 of which are blind or visually impaired, and is the only comprehensive rehabilitation and education agency for people with vision loss in the state of Missouri, serving over 4,000 individuals.
Alphapointe is 3 Shift operation ISO-9001:2008 Certified, cGMP compliant. Their facility includes:
- eCommerce Office Supply Store with over 40,000 products offered featuring SKILCRAFT® products
- Military Base Supply Stores at Fort Leonard Wood Army Base and Little Rock Air Force Base
- Over 50 million pharmaceutical bottles produced for the Veterans Administration mail order pharmacy program
- Produce over 12,000,000 writing instruments per year
- Sales to federal government and commercial distribution network of nearly 200 locations coast-to-coast
- Complete, State of the Art, plastics processing facility
In addition, Alphapointe is the only comprehensive Vision Education and Rehabilitation Center in the State of Missouri. Services include low vision services for seniors and Low Vision Clinic, diabetes outreach and education, adaptive technology instruction , job skills evaluation, placement, and training and many more services. In 2010, Alphapointe provided direct rehabilitation services to over 750 individuals who are blind or visually impaired in 2010 and served over 4,000 people through various training and outreach programs.