Emerging Leaders Group 2018 Enrollments are Open!
Emerging Leaders is a leadership development program in partnership with Johnson County Community College and the National Tooling and Machining Association’s Kansas City Chapter. Our goal is to create opportunities for those who want to improve their leadership and management skills, learn new strategies and connect with others with similar goals.
We are offering Tier 1 & 2 beginning in January. Tier 3 will launch in April after the end of Tier 2 and NEW this year, we will offer a Tier 1 ‘night shift’ that will be from 3 – 5 PM that will also launch in mid April.
“The employees’ attitudes improve, enjoy being developed, and look at the classes as a real opportunity, both for themselves and the company.”
“George Ferguson is great at getting the groups to interact together. This interaction to me is where the value is.”
“It forces me to take the time to focus on bigger picture items that busy schedules sometimes do not allow for.”
Emerging Leaders Sessions:
Dates and Time: Six sessions will be every 2 weeks starting in January 2018 – see dates below – from 7-9 AM at JCCC campus.
The cost: $300 per participant, to be paid in full no later than 10 days before the start of the first session.
You may sign up and pay online by clicking on the link for each session. If you wish to be invoiced, please notify us no later than 30 days prior to the start of the session. You may use the sign up link and choose the ‘pay by check’ option. Payment must be received no later than 10 days prior to the start of each session.
- Each Tier was developed as a result of KCMN and KC-NTMA member’s feedback as to skills important for their people to learn or improve. The ‘Tier 1, 2, 3’ implies that you need to go in order, it is not required – this is just the order we developed them in.
- Unlike in house training programs, Emerging Leaders helps build skills from both a formal classroom presentation, as well as guided interaction with other manufacturers. There is no in-house option for this program.
- There are 30 spaces available for each session on a first-come basis. Some past sessions have sold out, so please don’t delay. We need a minimum of 20 participants to fill a session.
- Participants who attend at least 5 of 6 sessions will receive a Certificate at our final session. Those who miss more than one session are welcome to return to future sessions to make up any sessions mixed at no charge.
- Companies should designate the person who is the billing contact, as well as the participant’s direct supervisor if you would like a recap of attendance.
- As part of the value is the development of creating networks of support, attendees should be willing and able to attend all sessions.
- Representatives from KCMN, JCCC and NTMA will hold periodic review sessions to evaluate progress and make any adjustments if needed.
Questions? Contact Donna Gordon if you prefer to be invoiced, or if you have additional questions, at email@example.com or 816-304-7958
Tier 1 – Begins January 24, 2018, All sessions 7-9 AM Sign up by CLICKING HERE
|Communication||1/24/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Strengths Finder Introduction||2/7/2018||Sondra Cave||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Strengths Finder Introduction 2||2/21/2018||Sondra Cave||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Delegation||3/21/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Goal Setting and Employee Engagement||3/7/2018||Jeannie Lauer||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Cross Generational Motivation||4/4/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
Tier 2 – Begins January 31, 2018 All sessions 7-9 AM Sign up by CLICKING HERE
|Managing Managers||1/31/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Ethical Leadership||2/14/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|HR Law – Conflict Management||2/28/2018||Josh Smith||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Time Management||3/14/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Driving Change & Cultural Change||3/28/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Developing Yourself and Others||4/11/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
Tier 3 – Begins April 18, 2018 All sessions 7-9 AM Sign up by CLICKING HERE
|Course Title||Class Date||Instructor||Location|
|Performance Management||4/18/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Coaching and Mentoring||5/2/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Organizing an Effective Team||5/16/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Meeting Facilitation||5/30/2018||Jeanie Lauer||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|HR 2 – How to Avoid Traps||6/13/2018||Josh Smith||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|How to Read People||6/27/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
Tier 1 AFTERNOON SESSIONS– Begins April 18, 2018, All sessions 3-5 PM Sign up by CLICKING HERE
|Communication||4/18/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Strengths Finder Introduction||5/2/2018||Sondra Cave||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Strengths Finder Introduction 2||5/16/2018||Sondra Cave||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Delegation||5/30/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Goal Setting & Employee Engagement||6/13/2018||Jeannie Lauer||JCCC- Rm # TBA|
|Cross Generational Motivation||6/27/2018||George Ferguson||JCCC- Rm # TBA|